2020-2021 Hong Kong Premier Youth League (U14) – League Update


Resources Capital entertained Tin Shui Wai Pegasus in Jockey Club Kitchee Centre on Sunday morning for a Premier Youth League U14 battle. Resources Capital showed off great offensive instincts on the day and defeated Tin Shui Wai Pegasus by 3:1.

Tin Shui Wai Pegasus came close to opening the score on the 6th minute, as Lai Hoi Man uncorked a left-footer that was nicely handled by Resources Capital goalkeeper Wong Hiu Long.

On the 20th minute, Resources Capital had its own chance to break the game open. A superb combination play saw Lee Ching picking up the ball inside the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus box and pulled the trigger. Unfortunately for the Resources Capital player, his shot drifted wide off target.

However, Resources Capital was not to be denied and opened the score on the 30th minute, as Chan Lok Hei unleashed a cracking shot from inside the box and hit the back of the net, giving Resources Capital a 1:0 lead.

Afterwards, Resources Capital had more chances to add to its lead, yet were all turned away by Tin Shui Wai Pegasus goalkeeper Leung Hiu Yeung. The first half wrapped up with Resources Capital enjoying a one-goal lead.

Tin Shui Wai Pegasus wasted no time in the second half and duly tied the game. On the 43rd minute, a dangerous cross from the flank was missed by everyone in the middle. Man Hei picked up the ball and then fired home. The game was now tied at 1:1.

On the 48th minute, Resources Capital managed to get back in front, as Wong To Lam showed off blazing speed down the left side and sent the ball home through a clinical finish. Resources Capital was up 2:1.

Resources Capital added to its lead on the 61st minute, as Cheong Ching Kiu fought off pressure from a Tin Shui Wai Pegasus player and drove the ball into the net. The score was now 3:1 for Resources Capital.

Late in the game, Resources Capital had a great chance to pull further away. Wong To Lam belted a powerful shot from the left side of the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus goal but saw the ball rung off the goal-post and stayed out of the net.

Both sides failed to add to the score in the remaining regulation time, as Resources Capital overcame Tin Shui Wai Pegasus by 3:1 on the day.