2019-20 HKFA Sapling Cup Group A – Kitchee 4:0 HK Pegasus


Kitchee and Hong Kong Pegasus locked horns on Sunday afternoon in Jockey Club HKFA Football Training Centre Pitch No. 3 for a Sapling Cup Group A fixture. Kitchee scored four unanswered goals in the second-half and cruised past Hong Kong Pegasus through a 4:0 victory.

The game got off to a slow start and the first shot of the game did not occur until the 14th minute. Ju Yingzhi found daylight near the right-wing and unleashed a bouncing shot towards goal, only to be easily claimed by Hong Kong Pegasus goalkeeper Law King-hei.

On the 27th minute, Kitchee’s Ju Yingzhi delivered a teasing corner-kick into the Hong Kong Pegasus box. Wellingsson De Souza applied a leaping header but was turned away by a sprawling save from Law King-hei in the Hong Kong Pegasus net.

Kitchee continued to dominate the proceedings. On the 31st minute, the lively Ju Yingzhi sprung teammate Wellingsson De Souza loose with a lovely forward pass. The Kitchee schemer darted down the left-wing, then cut back towards the middle before ripping a low drive that was smartly handled by Hong Kong Pegasus goalkeeper Law King-hei.

Moments later, it was Kitchee once again. This time, Ju Yingzhi picked up the ball outside the Hong Kong Pegasus box, then pushed forward and pulled the trigger. The ball took a deflection off a Hong Kong Pegasus player and ended up in the awaiting arms of goalkeeper Law King-hei.

Late in the first-half, Kitchee came up with a half-decent chance to take the lead. However, Shinichi Chan’s shot from the edge of the box went just wide off the Hong Kong Pegasus goal.

The game remained scoreless entering the half-time break.

Kitchee finally broke the game open on the 61st minute. Clement Benhaddouche whipped a dangerous cross into the Hong Kong Pegasus goal-mouth. Wellingsson De Souza beat Hong Kong Pegasus goalkeeper Law King-hei to the ball and nodded it home through a flying header. The score was now 1:0 for Kitchee.

Kitchee added to its lead on the 70th minute. Sebastian Buddle did some fantastic work down the right-wing, shook off his marker before knocking a centering pass into the Hong Kong Pegasus box. Wellingsson De Souza rushed the scene at the back-post and fired the ball home with ease. It was now 2:0 with Kitchee in front.

On the 72nd minute, Kitchee striker Manuel Bleda got his name onto the scoresheet with a low-drive from well outside the box. Kitchee was up by 3:0 at this stage.

Hong Kong Pegasus suffered another blow on the 76th minute, as Chan Pak-hang picked up his second yellow card of the game and his subsequent marching order. Hong Kong Pegasus was down to ten men.

Hong Kong Pegasus came up with a rare scoring chance on the 81st minute. Chan Siu-ki sent a side-footed shot towards the Kitchee goal from the top of the box. However, Chan’s shot lacked power was easily handled by Kitchee goalkeeper Guo Jianqiao.

On the 85th minute, Jared Lum sent a great cross deep into the Hong Kong Pegasus penalty area. Li Ngai-hoi timed his jump perfectly at the back-post and headed the ball into the net. The score was now 4:0 for Kitchee.

The score stood towards the final whistle, as Kitchee cruised past Hong Kong Pegasus by 4:0.


Kitchee 4:0 HK Pegasus